What is acrylic powder?
Acrylic powder is a substance that is mainly used in making acrylic nails. This powder is formed after mixing and the reaction of two substances that are; monomer liquid and polymer powder. The acrylic powder has a structure similar to a dough. It is applied to nails to make them stronger, thicker, and longer.
There are many different types of powder acrylic used in markets. To name a few; glitter, color, shimmer, mood effect, and glow acrylic. These types can be blended to get an outstanding variety of nail looks and styles.
Reasons to do acrylic powder nails at home:
Acrylic power can be applied to do acrylic nails at home. Here are a few reasons as to why one should do them:
- The nails with acrylic powder tend to last for about many weeks
- Getting these nails done form a salon can be very costly so one can save money by doing it at home
- These nails give a bold look and one feels confident in them
- One can blend colors and make their masterpiece designs at home and be artistic
How to apply acrylic powder?
Applying acrylic powder at home can make one confused and scared and usually it is done by professionals at a salon. Below given are the steps one can follow for learning to apply acrylic powder:
- Trim nails of all fingers. One does not need to trim them too long or too short. After this, stick on the artificial tips that will be much longer and shaped well.
- Buff the area of each nail. This will add roughness to each nail’s surface which will make the glue stick easier.
- Next, push back the cuticles gently because adding powder on top of them will make the nails look unnatural.
- Use some primer on top of the nails so that it removes all the moisture and oil on them. After this stick artificial tips on every fingernail.
- Put some glue on each artificial tip so it blends with the natural nail
- Now, mix the acrylic powder with the acrylic liquid. Use it on the nails. It will turn solid and one can apply any color they like now.
How to remove the acrylic powder?
The removal of acrylic can be done in two ways; e-filing the color down and soak the nails in warm acetone. Follow the given steps to remove them:
- Trim the acrylic nails short
- Using an e-file or a buffer to remove the topcoat of the acrylic nails
- Apply warm acetone on nails and cover the fingers in foil and leave for about 20-30 minutes
- Lastly, wipe the nail with a cotton ball soaked in acetone and the acrylic will come off.
Acrylic Powder Conclusion:
Concluding the topic, the acrylic powder is available in different varieties. One should consult with their nail technician on which one will be more suitable for them. One should consider the flexibility, durability, and color stability of the acrylic they choose.
If you want to read more of our Informative and interesting content stay updated with us on Daily Haroof
To read more: Fantasy Nails